Learn how 0xSplits is used to power onchain payments
0xSplits is a set of composable, open-source (opens in a new tab), and audited (opens in a new tab) smart contracts that make it easy to split onchain payments. Running exactly at gas and charging no fees whatsoever, it takes the form of a hyperstructure (opens in a new tab) that will run for free, forever, without any maintenance or trusted third parties.
These docs are designed to become progressively more technical the further you read. If you're non-technical, new to Ethereum, or just want to understand how you can use 0xSplits today, we recommend you continue reading. If you're integrating the contracts into your own system, you may consider skipping ahead to the Developer tools and Contracts sections, though we do recommend reviewing the flow of funds first.
- Free: No protocol fees whatsoever – runs exactly at gas cost
- Unstoppable: Non-upgradable contracts run as long as the underlying network exists
- Multichain: Deployed on Ethereum, Polygon, Optimism, Arbitrum + more
- Open source: All contracts are verified (opens in a new tab), audited (opens in a new tab), and publicly available on Github (opens in a new tab)
- Composable: Each contract has a payable address to receive ETH and ERC20 tokens
- Efficient: Batched operations maximize gas efficiency at every step
- Onchain: No third party APIs or external dependencies
- Fair: Distribution costs are shared so small recipients aren't screwed
- Incentivized: Bots and third parties perform the repetitive tasks
Teams, platforms, and projects of all sizes rely on 0xSplits to power their payment flows.
- Platforms: Sound, Art Blocks, SuperRare, Tessera, Arpeggi, Bonfire, Decent, 1stDibs
- Collectives: Protocol Guild, Metalabel, Songcamp, Heds
- Musicians: Daniel Allan, Reo Cragun, Coop Records, LNRZ, Venice Music
- DAOs: Nouns, Airswap, Bankless, GCR
- Studios: Transient Labs, Props, Quantum
We hope that sharing our values publicly will help you understand why the system is designed the way it is.
- Do one thing and do it well. Empowering creative teams with simple, clear, and modular tools is the best way to create enduring value in the ecosystem.
- Trust is hard to build and easy to lose. Security of the system is the highest order bit, and the system is only as secure as the foundation upon which it is built.
- Growing the pie matters more than growing the slice. Composability within the ecosystem is the lifeblood of growth since it's experimentation at the edges where the most compelling discoveries happen.
- Tools must be credibly neutral. This means they're rule-based, verifiable & open source, easy to understand, simple, and hard—if not impossible—to change.
- There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. Considerations are context-specific and because something works in one situation does not mean it works in all.
Join us on Discord (opens in a new tab) to learn more and let us know what you think. We're a small, funded, growing team of developers focused on this full time and would love to hear from you.